Content marketing plays a pivotal role in making a blog successful. As a blogger, one must ensure that your content gets discovered and shared through social media to increase traffic and engagement.
When you publish a new blog post, we can use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to get the word out; gain more traction for your content on the internet. The more people see your content, the more you can gain from the traffic that you receive.
You can manually go to your target social networks and share your post. Sharing manually allows you to add a personal touch to each post, as opposed to sending out the same thing to all of your social networks. However, it’s a time-consuming process. Some days, you may have the time to share your new content yourself or simply forget to update your social media accounts. However, there are more than enough WordPress plugins that automatically post from WordPress to social networks after hitting the Publish button.
Below we have listed some of the best WordPress plugins that facilitate automated social sharing. Each of those plugins has similar or varied functions, so it’s up to you to decide which one works best for your site goals.
5 Best Plugins That Automatically Post From WordPress To Social Networks
- Publicize. It is a part of the popular Jetpack plugin. It will post automatically to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Path and Google+ for you. Adding the connections is quick and easy and it also enables you to create connections for all users of the site or shared connections for specific users. You may want more social networks, though.
- Social Buttons by LinksAlpha. Previously named 1-Click Retweet/Share/Like, this plugin offers social sharing buttons for your WordPress content as well as auto-posting to social networks. It has a wide range of social networks to which it will post such as Facebook, Twitter, Typepad, Google+, LinkedIn, Yammer, Plurk, Sonico, Diigo, etc.
- The NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster Plugin. It comes with more technical configuration settings, a massive list of social networks it will post to and many great features. Some of the features may want you to upgrade to the Pro version though so not everything is free. The auto post is available to Blogger, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Google+, and more.
- AccessPress Social Auto Post. This premium WordPress plugin for social media automation is available at CodeCanyon for $20. With this amazing WordPress plugin, you can post to four social networks: Facebook profiles and pages, Twitter, LinkedIn and Tumblr. You can connect unlimited accounts for each network.
Other features include the ability to enable or disable auto posting from WordPress post editor, logs of all posts shared, customized post formats and filtering to pages and post categories.
- Social Auto Poster. This is another premium plugin ($29) and has the added functionality of scheduling posts after they are published. Supported networks are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tumblr, Delicious, FriendFeed and Buffer. It also supports multiple Facebook and Twitter accounts.
All in all, there is a multitude of rich plugins available that work towards making content marketing simpler and faster. Note that for a plugin to succeed truly, you must first know your audience and which social networks they are more likely to be on. A little research on this will go a long way.
In the end, the goal is to reach as many potential readers as possible and make it easy for them to read and share your content. Spread knowledge. Spread love.
Do you choose to manually share your blog posts, or do you prefer to share them automatically via a method above or another method?