The newest version of Jetpack, Jetpack 6.0 is here. The new version was released on April 3rd and has brought some changes along with it.
The previous version of Jetpack – Jetpack 5.9 was released in the month of March with some general maintenance items. This time, the updated version, Jetpack 6.0 has included the enhanced privacy controls and GDPR compliance. It has also added new social media icon widgets and introduced few other enhancements and bug fixes.
The Jetpack development team has created a dedicated settings page in Jetpack 6.0 where you can access all privacy-related documents as well as an option to opt out of activity tracking if you wish to do so.
These are the first changes that the development team has made to help Jetpack fully comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which takes effect on May 25th, 2018.
Jetpack 6.0 has introduced a new social media icons widget. The updated social media icons widget has brought many more social network options and a newer interface that makes adding new links a breeze.
Here are few other improvements that were included in Jetpack 6.0:
- Improved accessibility, performance, and efficiency of the dashboard
- Enhanced the brute force attack prevention logic to block attacks more efficiently
- Refined and enhanced the improved search feature. After a short beta testing period, the developers have fully launched the search feature to all customers on the Business plan, give it a try!
- Jetpack and WooCommerce are working together better than ever—they have added support for improved tracking of add-to-cart events in Jetpack’s stats.
- Removed Holiday Snow from Jetpack and WordPress.com. Its removal will help the developers make Jetpack a more focused and robust product for small businesses. If you miss having snow fall across your site there are stand-alone plugins available.
There were over 60 improvements in jetpack 6.0 (including the above enhancements). You can check out the changelog to know more about the full list of updates and changes in Jetpack 6.0. You can get in touch with the members of Jetpack if you have anything to ask about the new update or want to give feedback.