After about six weeks of development, WordPress 4.7.4 Release Candidate is now available. WordPress 4.7.4 maintenance release fixes 46 issues reported against WordPress 4.7 and is now scheduled for final release on Thursday, April 20, 2017.
So far WordPress 4.7 has been downloaded almost sixty million times since its release on December 6, 2016. Users are requested to try this release candidate and report any issues to ensure that WordPress 4.7.4 fixes the reported issues and doesn’t contain any new ones.
Notable Bug Fixes
There are a few more notable issues being addressed in this release. The first one is about broken video/audio thumbnails when uploading media (#40075). Additionally, an incompatibility between the upcoming Chrome version and the visual editor (#40305) has been solved by updating TinyMCE. Furthermore, the REST API saw some enhancements in relation to date handling (#39854, #40136).
List of Some Changes
Here’s a list of some closed tickets, sorted by component. For the full list of changes, click here.
- #39983 – Consider to don’t use the CSS class button-link for controls that don’t look like links
- #40056 – Shift-click to select a range of checkboxes isn’t working anymore since 4.7.3 update
- #39445 – Add class_exists() check before defining the PasswordHash class
- #38500 – Automatically cancel pending Travis builds with each commit
- #39219 – Add assertNotFalse method to WP_UnitTestCase
- #39367 – Don’t no-op $user_id in test suite’s wp_set_auth_cookie()
- #39988 – The theme used during tests should call wp_head() and wp_footer()
- #40066 – Remove the twentysixteen git clone from the Travis config
- #40086 – Get Travis tests working again on PHP 7
- #40216 – Twenty Seventeen: Some parts do not escape html attributes
- #40224 – Twenty Seventeen: navigation.js should be enqueued with jQuery as dependency
- #40264 – Twenty Seventeen: Incorrect heading hierarchy for front page sections
- #40461 – Twenty Seventeen: Bump version and update changelog
- #31850 – Customizer links should use canonical admin URL
- #37471 – Widgets: If your theme only has one widget area, we should open it automatically
- #38953 – Customize Menus: clicking outside of the available menu items panel does not close the panel
- #39430 – sections and panels that are open and become inactive should be closed
- #39770 – Client-side notification error is unexpectedly cleared when no corresponding server-side validation
- #40010 – Template for site icon control fails to check if full image size exists before using
- #40018 – Selective refresh always falls back to full refreshes when customizing the 404 template
- #40112 – Can’t preview starter content “Home” menu item in subdirectory installation
- #40198 – all previewable links are blocked in the customize preview on IE11
- #40271 – Use get_user_locale() in Customizer
- #40277 – Adding page created with the dropdown-pages settings to menu creates Custom Link instead of Page
- #40308 – Video header control fails to use is_header_video_active() for active_callback
- #40405 – IE9 errors when attempting to generate changeset parameter
Login and Registration
- #39497– Can’t log out completely without closing my browser
- #31071 – media / post_mime_type related queries are very slow on larger sites
- #40017 – wp_get_image_mime() returns ‘application/octet-stream’ for non-image files
- #40075 – Broken video/audio thumbnails because of corrupted blob meta data
- #40085 – Audio/video uploads are broken in 4.2.13 and 4.3.9
- #40152 – Crop Image button off-screen on mobile
Download WordPress 4.7.4 Release Candidate now and help the team!