The new version, Jetpack 6.9 has been released and now is available for download. Jetpack 6.9 was released yesterday, on January 10, 2019. The new version has brought several changes along with it.
The previous version of Jetpack introduced the first set of Jetpack blocks. And now, the 6.9 update has brought another set of Jetpack blocks that have been specifically built for the new WordPress editor – the Gutenberg Editor. It has introduced four new blocks for subscription, related posts, tiled galleries, and shortlinks.
The Subscription block lets your readers to easily subscribe to your site. You will be able to see the Subscription block as an option in the block editor if the Subscriptions feature is active on your website.
The second block is the Related Posts Block. With this block, you can add Related Posts anywhere on your posts and pages, except at the bottom.
The third one is the Tiled Gallery Block; it helps your galleries stand out in your website making them look elegant and eye-appealing. A magazine-worthy layout and its block graphic design are what make your galleries stunning.
Similarly, the fourth one is the Shortlinks block. You’ll now spot a new Jetpack icon at the top right of your block editor. Click on the icon and you will access the post’s shortlink, that you can copy and use when sharing your posts. You will also find your Publicize options there.
The Jetpack team has not only introduced four new blocks; they’ve made changes to the Admin Page that will have a big impact on both new and existing Jetpack users, which includes:
- Changes while heading to Jetpack > Dashboard right after activating the plugin
- A new card when coming back to your dashboard right after connecting the plugin to your WordPress.com account
- Changes in the modals that are displayed in the Jetpack dashboard when coming back to your site after purchasing a plan
- A new “My Plan” section in the Jetpack dashboard
- Reorganized the sections and cards under Jetpack > Settings
- Improvements on the different notices that are displayed to you when changing settings
- Updated the message displayed to users who have not linked their own WordPress.com account on a site that is already using Jetpack.
Check out the full changelog to know more about the updates in Jetpack 6.9.
You can get in touch with the members of Jetpack if you have anything to ask about the new update, want to give feedback or have trouble managing your connections to a Facebook Profile or Page.
We recommend you to update your Jetpack to the latest version right away to avoid the fatal errors and changes.