WordPress 5.2.2 is now available for the general public to test. It comes as a Maintenance Release. WordPress issued WordPress 5.2.2 Maintenance Release yesterday including several updates and refinements. The Maintenance Release package can be downloaded directly or update from within your dashboard.
The WordPress 5.2.2 update is for all the previous versions of WordPress. It is, thus, mandatory that you update your WordPress websites right away.
This maintenance release fixes 13 bugs and adds a little bit of polish to the Site Health feature.
Below mentioned are the thirteen bug fixes and enhancements included in WordPress 5.2.2 Maintenance Release:
- Clear focus states, tab order in Dashboard elements
- Fixed navigation arrows in the media modal
- No more extra border at bottom of Help section in Firefox
- Improve the header elements horizontal centering in Site Health
- Site Health page access is filterable
- Fixed Site Health Table design issue in small devices
- Fixed theme update links in Customizer
- Recovery Mode Exit button visible in responsive view
- Merged similar strings introduced in WP 5.2
- i18n: Merged similar translation strings – site health tabs
- Update Gutenberg editor
- I18n: Merged similar strings and fixed typo
- Updated about page for 5.2.2
If your site supports automatic background updates, then just sit back and relax, 5.2.2 is already being pushed out. If you’d rather not wait or have auto updates disabled, you can browse to Dashboard > Updates and click the Update Now button.
Update your sites right away and enjoy the changes!