WordCamp Europe 2023 is taking place from 8-10 June in Athens, Greece. It is one of the world’s oldest cities and the birthplace of democracy, arts, science, and philosophy of Western civilization.
And WordCamp Europe 2023 team are really excited to announce the workshop for kids. In this workshop, the team will introduce WordPress to future generations! So, this workshop is a great opportunity for your kids to learn valuable skills that they can use in the future.
Furthermore, they will teach them the basics of WordPress and how to create their own website, choose a theme, and learn how to create different content types. So, it’s going to be a fun and interactive way to learn about website design and development.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, June 8 from 14:00 to 17:00 during Contributor Day at WCEU. The workshop is open to children aged 13 to 16 years. And will be provided with all the materials and tools needed for the workshop.
About the workshop:
- When: Thursday, June 8 from 14:00 to 17:00 Contributor Day at WCEU
- Where: Megaron Athens Conference Hall – Suite II MC 3.4. Please meet at the registration desk/main entrance at 13:30 hrs.
- Who can attend: Children between 13-16 years of age who are comfortable attending a session in English.
- Language: English. The instructor will lead the workshop in English, we will have a volunteer speaking Greek to help them if there’s something they don’t understand.
- Duration: 2 hours of working, about an hour of breaks, games, show & tell
- Capacity: 20 kids – be sure to sign up soon before space runs out
- Equipment: Each kid will need to bring their own laptop. This is important as we’ll not be able to provide equipment.
- Laptop charger
- A pen and a notebook (something to write on)
- Before the workshop:
- To create a website each kid will need an email address they can access on the day. It can be their own or a parent’s email address. We can create a temporary email address for those that don’t have one for the duration of the workshop, but we’d like to transfer it to a parent afterward. If you are a parent and don’t have a place at Contributor Day but want to register your children for the workshop, that’s fine. We’ll be logging everyone in and out at our registration desks.
How does it work?
The workshop will be 3 hour. And it includes:
- 2 hours of working
- Time for breaks and games
- Show-and-tell session
- Snacks and refreshments
So, don’t miss out on this opportunity to introduce your kids to WordPress and help them develop a passion for website design and development. You can visit the official website of WordCamp Europe 2023 and fill out the registration form.
Stay tuned with us for more WordCamp Europe updates.