The new version of Gutenberg editor, Gutenberg 4.6 was released on December 1, 2018, with an array of refinements and bug fixes in it.
Gutenberg 4.6 coincides with the WordPress 5.0 RC 2 feature set. It has included more than 30 fixes, refinements, and performance improvements for better user experience.
According to the official release post, Gutenberg 4.6 should be the final “what’s new in Gutenberg” series. The plugin has also been updated to match core.
Below are all the changes Gutenberg 4.6 included since the release of Gutenberg 4.5:
- Address parsing backtracking issue.
- Fix issue with drag-and-drop in columns.
- Fix TinyMCE list plugin registration.
- Fix IE11 flexbox alignment when min-width is set.
- Fix IE11 focus loss after TinyMCE init. Add IE check.
- Fix getSelectedBlockClientId selector.
- Fix issue where unregistering a block type would cause blocks that convert to it to break.
- Fix Classic block not showing galleries on a grid.
- Fix visual issues with Button block text wrap.
- Fix modals in Edge.
- Fix exception when editing non-public CPTs.
- Fix Categories block filter effect on the front-end.
- Fix an issue where the block toolbar would cause an image to jump downwards when the wide or full alignments were activated.
- Remove formats from document outline headings.
- Prevent the components package styles from overriding the cover block background color.
- Apply IE11 input fix only when mounting TinyMCE.
- Improve block preview styling.
- Make the Image Link URL field readonly.
- Disable HTML edit from Media & Text
- Avoid loading theme editor styles if not existing (RTL languages).
- Improve scoping of nested paragraph right-padding CSS rule.
- Add e2e tests for the format API.
- Merge similar text strings for i18n.
- Move editor specific styles from style.scss to editor.scss in Cover
- Simplify sidebar tabs aria-labels.
- Remove onSplit from RichText docs.
- Remove textdomain from the block library.
- Avoid rendering AdminNotices compatibility component.
- Avoid changing default wpautop priority.
- Change @package names to WordPress.
- Update published packages changelogs.
Know more about the update here.
You can subscribe here to stay updated with the new releases of Gutenberg Editor. And if you have anything to add, share or ask, feel free to use the comments section below.