A new update, Jetpack 9.7 was released yesterday and it has introduced some cool features and improvements. The update embraces compatibility with the new WordPress version including Full Site Editing and also provides features without logging into WordPress.com. Moreover, Jetpack 9.7 also includes a few improvements to Carousel, Instant Search feature, and more.
Highlights in Jetpack 9.7
Compatibility with Upcoming WordPress release
Jetpack 9.7 ensures full compatibility between Jetpack’s Blocks and WordPress’s upcoming Full Site Editing Feature.
Exception of Logging into WordPress.com
You can now unlock various features in Jetpack without connecting your WordPress.com account. Simply connect your site to Jetpack and you will get access to features, for instance, Stats, Site Accelerator, Contact Form, SEO Tools, Jetpack Blocks, Extra Sidebar Widgets, and more.
Other Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Changes to Carousel that brings a performance improvement on all pages where Carousel is loaded.
- Bugs are fixed in Instant Search to make your search experience as quick and easy as possible.
- Improved Publicize feature: update Twitter text processing library to avoid errors when using PHP 8.
- Sharing: avoid broken sharing icons when using IE11 and the legacy AMP plugin’s theme.
- Sharing / Publicize: properly encode URLs in Open Graph tags.
Check out the full changelog to know more about the updates in Jetpack 9.7.
You can get in touch with the members of Jetpack if you have anything to ask about the new update or want to give feedback.
We recommend you update your Jetpack to the latest version right away to avoid fatal errors and changes.