Top of the morning to all of you, WordPressers. Today’s Friday and it’s time for another weekly status report of WordCamp Kathmandu 2016. For WordCamp Kathmandu 2016 Weekly Updates: Week #2, we’ve got some exciting revelations in this report.
WordCamp Kathmandu 2016 Weekly Updates: Week #2
Here’s what we’ve gathered:
- The early bird tickets sale closed from October 1st. The ticket are now priced at NRs. 2000
- Final local speakers’ selection has been going in full swing. 4 local speakers have been selected as of yet. They are:
- Suwash Kunwar – WordPress Developer and Co-Founder of WEN Solutions
- Digamber Pradhan – WordPress Developer from Web Experts Nepal
- Utsav Singh Rathour – WordPress Enthusiast and CEO of Code Pixelz Media
- Regan Khadgi – Lead WordPress Plugin Developer at AccessPress Themes
- At present, two fantastic international speakers have confirmed to speak at the WordCamp. They are:
- Amit Singh – Founder and CEO of WPoets Technology. He’ll be presenting on the topic, “Stop Coding, start assembling your websites”
- Mahangu Weerasinghe – Happiness Engineer at Automattic. He’ll be talking on “Support First: Standing Behind Your WordPress Products”
- The 2 workshops that have been decided will be on:
- SASS for WordPress – Kanchha Kaji Prajapati, Ritesh Shakya & Mishal Rai
- Getting started with WP Rest API – Kishor Mahato & Abiral Neupane
- Till date, 160 attendees have been confirmed to attend the WordCamp. This number includes the volunteers, organizers, speakers and media partners.
- T-shirts, attendees’ badges and stickers have been sent for printing. We’ve seen the designs and they look amazing. We will unveil those as we get our hands on them.
This is all for now. Stay tuned. We’ll be back with more information as things get confirmed. Let’s get #WCKTM trending!
P.S. Since it’s Dashain season, we’ll be taking a week off starting tomorrow. Please be patient with us. Till then, Happy Vijaya Dashami 🙂
You can check the official website of WordCamp Kathmandu 2016 by clicking here.