WordCamp Pokhara 2018 is going to take place on 24th November 2018 and the team is looking for amazing speakers to share their knowledge, skill, insight, and experience among the welcoming community in Pokhara. Since this is the first WordCamp happening in Pokhara, the organizers are looking forward to creating a grand event.
The WordCamp Pokhara 2018 team encourages the best speakers from any location throughout the WordPress community and beyond to submit their session ideas. If you work on other Open Source projects or web design and development in general and think the WordPress community could benefit from your story, share it with everyone at WCPKR2018. Accessibility, user experience, web content strategy, design, diversity, business, community —WCPKR 2018 is going to offer a wide-range of talks that folks from all walks of life can learn from.
If you’ve never spoken in public before and wondering if you’re eligible to apply for speakers at WCPKR2018, then hesitate not! You do need any talking experience and you do not have to be a pro at public speaking. Also, you will have a few practice sessions before the main event and you will also get the opportunity to be one of the presenters at a local WordPress Meetup in the upcoming months.
Perks of Being a Speaker at WordCamp Pokhara 2018
- Speakers will be offered a free admission for the WCPKR2018 event.
- Your presentation will be recorded and hosted on WordPress.tv and also get recognition in the WordPress community.
- An exclusive interview of the speakers will be featured in DevotePress, helping you stand out in the community.
Now, if you’re thinking about giving it a go and applying for the speaker’s position, these tips might help you create a great speaker application.
Submit A Great Speaker Application
- Enter a detailed presentation description—your presentation might not be considered if found vague or incomplete.
- Do not include notes to the organizers in your presentation description—there is a separate field for notes if you need to send a message to the organizers of the event.
- Do not submit a presentation that is already on WordPress.tv—don’t you want to be unique and stand out among the mass?
So, now that you have all the information and tips to be an inspiring speaker, go ahead and register your name to be one of the speakers at WCPKR2018. The presentations will be of 20 minutes with 5 minutes of interaction with the audience.
Visit the official website for WordCamp Pokhara 2018 and submit your Speaker Application Form.