Here is an amazing opportunity for you to unleash your creativity. WordCamp Nepal 2022- Call for Wapuu has opened. So, if you are a creative fellow who loves bringing ideas and creativity to life through designs, this is your call.
WordCamp Nepal 2022 is happening on the 5th and 6th of November at Chitwan Garden Resort, Bharatpur, Nepal.
Origin of Wapuu
During WordCamp Tokyo 2009, the idea of Wapuu originated while brainstorming ways to promote WordPress in Japan. Matt Mullenweg, the founder of WordPress, loved the idea, and Kaneuchi Kazuko, a Japanese Illustrator started working on it. The first Wapuu made its debut at WordCamp Fukuoka in 2011.
Since then, the craze of Wapuu has taken over. People so loved this little, cute mascot that it started showing up in swags everywhere and became an attraction of WordCamps. Almost every WordCamp has had its own kind of Wapuu. Local community members design the local version of Wapuu – holding something that symbolizes their local community culture.
So, submit your Wapuu design for WordCamp Nepal 2022!
Make sure your the Wapuu design gives the flavor of Nepal, its culture, and diversity.
Things to know before submitting the design
- Neither you get paid nor you have to pay for Wapuu design submission – it’s free.
- You can design Wapuu as an individual or a team.
- You can submit multiple designs.
- Your design should be 100% original, with no plagiarism, and no violation of any copyright/trademark law.
- The copyright of your design belongs to you.
- The organizers’ team will select the best design and they can modify the selected design to match our needs.
- The selected design will be widely used in WordCamp Nepal 2022 – swags, banners, posters, etc.
- Ensure you follow all the Wapuu guidelines.
Benefits to the winner
- Your Wapuu design appears on all swags of WordCamp Nepal 2022.
- A mention on WordCamp Nepal 2022 announcement post. We’ll share it through all our social channels and let everyone know that it’s your design – be ready to become popular!
How to submit?
You must use the original Wapuu file to design your Wapuu. For that download the file here: https://github.com/jawordpressorg/wapuu
Your design should be in vector format (.svg) and upload the final design to Google Drive or GitHub.
Submit the file URL along with a few other details using the form.
So, hurry up and apply before October 4, 2022 if you want to portray all the magic happening between November 5th and 6th, 2023. The winner will be announced on October 6, 2022.
So if you’re interested, answer WordCamp Nepal 2022 Call for Wapuu right away. Please fill up and submit the form as soon as possible. The Wapuu form is available on the official website of WordCamp Nepal 2022.