The third Beta is here for the upcoming major release, WordPress 5.7. WordPress 5.7 Beta 3 includes 27 fixes and enhancements to further smoothen your WordPress experience. These enhancements were made after the Beta 2 release.
Since the software is still in development mode, it’s best that you don’t run it on a production site. Consider setting up a test site just to play with the new version. To test WordPress 5.7, try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want “bleeding edge nightlies” and “Beta/RC Only”). Or you can download the beta here (zip).
Let’s now have a quick look at the highlights in WordPress 5.7 Beta 3.
Highlights in WordPress 5.7 Beta 3
- Adjusted color contrast on various admin buttons to improve accessibility and readability
- Several fixes for the Twenty Twenty-One theme
- Replaced editor typeface with system fonts to improve privacy and performance
- Added i18n support to register_block_type_from_metadata function
- Media upload errors are now more accessible
- New filter to modify how pagination links are rendered when using paginate_links function
WordPress 5.7 Release schedule date is on 9th March 2021. And to make the major release smooth and bug-free, the developers need your help. Therefore, we suggest you start testing right away!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. Moreover, if you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac, where you can also find a list of known bugs.