A quick update, WordPress 5.7.1 Release Candidate 1 is now available for download and you can start testing. This new update includes a total of 31 enhancements and fixes.
The current version of WordPress, WordPress 5.7 already has 16 million+ downloads.
In order to test 5.7. Release Candidate 1, you can either use the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (you’ll want to select the “point release nightlies” option) or you can also directly download the release candidate here (zip).
Among all 31 updates in WordPress 5.7.1 Release Candidate 1, 23 are bug fixes and small enhancements, and 8 updates in the block editor.
WordPress 5.7.1 Release Candidate 1 Updates:
- #52787 – Empty array for non-single post meta breaks post save through REST API
- #52822 – PHPMailer change in WordPress 5.7 breaks working sites
- #52670 – Admin pointer arrow border color darker than pointer content
- #52713 – Reverse logic in
wp_robotsfunction and filter
- #52743 – Hardcoded SVG image URLs on WP 5.7 About screen
- #52750 – WP 5.7 colors inconsistent in
get_option( 'admin_color' )since color contrast changes
- #52756 – Duplicate video URLs on WP 5.7 About screen
- #52758 – 5.7 About Page: Image comparison doesn’t work on first load on some browsers
- #52760 – Color not accessibility for AA
- #52764 – Classic editor adding empty tags in some media embed situations
- #52768 – WordPress post URL oEmbed rendering blocked by iframe lazy-loading
- #52783 – Health Check mis-reports https functionality in certain situations
- #52789 – Gallery layout block adds all media items when changing an image
- #52816 – Post metabox style Twenty Seventeen has a border
- #52826 – New
wp_getimagesize()causing unexpected failures
- #52834 – Reset password screen: improve buttons layout for better i18n
- #52891 – Privacy: print screen reader text message
- #52894 – The
wp_sanitize_script_attributesfunction added in version 5.7 does not escape attributes in some cases
- #52932 – Rest Api enum validation does not work correctly WordPress 5.7
- #52961 – Add ‘object-position’ as an allowed CSS attribute
- #52981 – Twenty Twenty-One: Update IE specific editor stylesheet
- PR30218 – Core Data: Use
- PR30524 – Editor: Revert (#27717) save editors value on change
- PR30122 – Gallery: Set
addToGalleryprop to false when images don’t have IDs
- PR29809 – Revert: Show empty paragraphs on fronted
- PR29860 – Try: Fix gallery item clicking
- PR29920 – Fix sibling block inserter displaying at end of block list
- PR30125 – Block Editor: Ensure that uncategorized block types are properly handled
- PR30243 – Add
object-positionto allowed inline style attributes list
Check out the original release post here.
Make sure you test this RC. If you think you’ve found a bug, please post to the Alpha/Beta support forum to help make the release of WordPress 5.7.1 as smooth as possible.
The official WordPress 5.7.1 will release on Wednesday, April 14, 2021, as per the schedule. The 5.7.1 release will depend on the issues after the RC1 release.