TGIF!! The week is coming to an end and everyone’s looking forward to the weekend. To wrap this week up, we’re back with another weekly status report of WordCamp Kathmandu 2016.
Last week, due to Dashain, no significant work could be done. So, we’ll be merging last week’s updates along with this week. The organizers are putting the finishing touches on this fabulous event dedicated to WordPress. For WordCamp Kathmandu 2016 Weekly Updates: Week #3 & #4, we’ve got some exciting revelations in this report.
WordCamp Kathmandu 2016 Weekly Updates: Week #3 & #4 (Updated: 24th October)
Here’s what we’ve gathered:
- Printing of items such as banners, attendees’ badges are well underway
- The organizers are thinking of ways to combat the possible issues of video and sound during the event
- Preparation of final budget has already been started
- The number of grooming sessions for the speakers has been increased
- An after-party has been scheduled at Moksh Bar, Jhamsikhel from 6:30 pm – 10 pm the same day. Coupons will be provided at Moksh itself with which you are entitled to a free welcome drink. To receive a coupon, you need to show your attendee’s badge
- A photography competition has been planned during WordCamp Kathmandu 2016. It is open to all attendees. We’ll be posting more information about the competition soon
- The confirmed speakers for the event are:
- Mahangu Weerasinghe, Happiness Engineer at Automattic
- Amit Singh, Founder and CEO of WPoets Technology
- Utsav Singh Rathour, WordPress Enthusiast and CEO of Code Pixelz Media
- Regan Khadgi, Lead WordPress Plugin Developer at AccessPress themes
- Sudeep Balchhaudi, Theme Developer at eVision Themes
- Digamber Pradhan, WordPress Developer at Web Experts Nepal
- Sunita Rai, Freelancer SEO Content Writer
- Sushil Adhikari, WordPress Theme Developer at Proshore Nepal
- Umesh Chaudhary, Web Developer at Rigorous Web Services
The speakers listed below will be running workshops at the event.
- Kanchha Kaji Prajapati, Co-founder of and Frontend Developer at eVision Themes
- Ritesh Shakya, Frontend Developer at Web Experts Nepal
- Mishal Rai, Frontend Developer at eVision Themes
- Kishor Mahato, WordPress/Django (Python) Developer at EagleVision IT
- Abiral Neupane, Web Developer at EagleVision IT
- We got our hands on the T-shirts for attendees and crew members. The unveiling. Drum roll.
This is all for now. Stay tuned. We’ll be back with more information as things get confirmed. Let’s get #WCKTM trending!
You can check the official website of WordCamp Kathmandu, Nepal 2016 by clicking here.
You can check out the previous weekly report by clicking here.