WordPress 5.3.2 Maintenance Release is now available for download. WordPress released this maintenance release yesterday on December 18, 2019. This quick update includes 5 maintenance enhancements. The release is for all the previous versions of WordPress. Therefore, we recommend you have this update first tested and then applied to your WordPress site.
You can either directly download WordPress 5.3.2 Maintenance Release or venture over to Dashboard > Updates and simply click “Update Now”. Websites that support automatic background updates are already beginning to update to v5.3.2.
A couple of high severity Trac tickets were opened right after the release of WordPress 5.3.1 Release. Below are the five maintenance updates you will find in WordPress 5.3.2:
- Date/Time: Ensure that get_feed_build_date() correctly handles a modified post object with invalid date.
- Uploads: Fix file name collision in wp_unique_filename() when uploading a file with upper case extension on non case-sensitive file systems.
- Media: Fix PHP warnings in wp_unique_filename() when the destination directory is unreadable.
- Administration: Fix the colors in all color schemes for buttons with the .active class.
- Posts, Post Types: In wp_insert_post(), when checking the post date to set future or publish status, use a proper delta comparison.
You can also check out the full list of changelog to learn more about the changes in this release.
WordPress 5.3.1 Security and Maintenance Release