With mere 3 months remaining for WordCamp Kathmandu 2017, the preparations are going on in full swing. Earlier this morning, the organizing team was finalized in what was the first Organizers’ meeting for WCKTM 2017. DevotePress was present during the meeting when the organizers for each section of WordCamp Kathmandu 2017 were finalized.
Who are the Organizers?
Organizers are what make each WordCamp unique. Organizing a WordCamp is a volunteer labor (a lot of labor!) of love for WordPress and the local WordPress community. Each organizer earns untold karma points on their path to WordPress nirvana. No specific skills or backgrounds are required to become an organizer, though events tend to be most successful when responsibility is shared among several co-organizers.
The following people were selected as ‘Wranglers’ for the various aspects of organizing and managing the WordCamp.
- Lead Organizer and Sponsor Wrangler – Yam Bahadur Chhetri
- Speaker Wrangler – Utsav Singh Rathour, Biplab Subedi
- Venue Wrangler – Surendra Shrestha
- Budget & Finance Wrangler – Sweta Shrestha
- Volunteer Wrangler – Sachet Gurung
- Print Wrangler – Rakesh Lawaju
- Media & Internet Wrangler – Suvash Khadka and Arjun Singh Thakuri
- Food & Beverage Wrangler – Surendra Shrestha
- Website Wrangler – Bezil Shrestha
- Community Wrangler – Roshan Bhattarai
- Design Wrangler – Pravash Karki, Raj Kumar Tamang
- Audio and Video Wrangler – Shiva Shanker Bhatta
There are a lot more than the dozen jobs above to be taken care of in WordCamp Kathmandu 2017. Now that the organizing team has been officially decided, the groundwork and provisions for the next WordCamp to become successful are well under way. We are hopeful for WordCamp Kathmandu 2017 to be one of the best WordCamps ever organized in the country.
We will be back with any news of WordCamp Kathmandu 2017 as they happen. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook to get regular updates. You can also subscribe to our website to get firsthand news as soon as they’re published.